Markt-Maas Tunnel 10 years Maintenance Contract
Project Name: Markt-Maas Tunnel in Netherlands
Products Deployed: IGS-3044GC
● Optical fiber connections
● Uninterrupted data transmission across IT systems between the tunnel and control center
● High availability of 99,95% with network redundancy
● High reliability and extended warranty
The Markt-Maas Tunnel is located between the river Maas and the city center. The control center is set up on the other side of the river. All data including several streaming camera signals needs to be transmitted jitter free to the control center. The video data is recorded on a RAID server in the tunnel and viewed in the control center. Between the Control Center and the tunnel there is a single mode fiber optic connection. Most importantly is the high reliability, redundancy and ease of maintenance to realize the 99,95% uptime requirement.
The customer's first thought was to use a RGS-7244GP and IGS-3032GC in the control center along with two RGS-7244GP in the tunnel. After considering all factors, we proposed to use the IGS-3044GC which supports ORing's O-Ring topology. At each location the customer added one Cold Standby switch to enable fast transition between switches in case of hardware failure.
● Supports network redundancy with O-Ring technology
● Industrial-grade design with a wide temperature range and five-year warranty
● Products with high bandwidth and long-distance transmission capabilities