Shenyang Tramway Network
Project Name: Shenyang Tramway Network
Products Deployed: TGAP-6620-M12
● Provide Internet access for passengers
● Segment the network into several VLANs to separate and protect data
● Achieve fast communications for large amounts of data
Two to four TGAP-6620-M12 wireless access points are installed in every train to provide wireless connections for passengers, allowing them to access the Internet via their mobile devices. The APs are connected to TPS-3082GT-M12 switches whose PoE functions allow the APs to be powered by Ethernet cables, eliminating the need to install additional power cables.
Half of each TPS-3082GT-M12 switches’ Gigabit ports are configured as trunk ports to provide redundant trunk link. The rest of the ports are used to connect on-board access devices, wireless APs, and servers.
The network is divided into two VLANs which are connected by a server installed at the locomotive. VLAN 1 provides an on-board wireless network for passengers to use local network services and VLAN 2 provides a 4G access network for the administrator to manage passengers’ Internet activities.
● EN50155-certificated and M12 connectors for operation in harsh environments
● Industrial design for robust data transmission
● 802.11 a/b/g/n wireless connections